Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Salon-A place of "Me Time"

People come in and out of Supercuts daily. Sometime, people come in during their lunch break, realize it's time to get their hair cut, come in to socialize, and sometimes they just need their "Me Time."

Today, a young lady sat in my chair and I could tell something was wrong and stressful. After a few minutes of conversation and consultation, she told me her sister was in the hospital and was gravely ill. She then went on to say that she had to leave the hospital to get some "Me Time." After talking and she was looking unhappy about her hair/current situation, we decided to spruce up her current cut and add blonde highlights.

After both services were done, she had a radiant glow in her face and said she looks alive again. I was very blessed to be the person to shed some light in her life. Instead of my usual close, I said I will keep the family in my prayers and thoughts. She said thanks and I knew she not only needed the kind words, but also a mini makeover during this time in her life.

Stay blessed and positive and spread the act of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment