Saturday, August 8, 2009

Changed to be Changed

This past Friday, I had the honor of speaking with the young ladies at New Nonconnah Church in Memphis, TN. The Youth Department was having a Back to School Rally/Sleepover, and I was asked to do a "girl's talk" with the ladies.

The theme for the rally was "Changed to be Changed." I explained to the young ladies once there is a change in your lifestyle and who you represent, the world should also see a change in your appearance. The girl's talk started out with Personal Hygiene 101, grooming tips, and what to wear and what not to wear. The girls were able to ask questions, give feedback, and enjoy themselves.
When you know who you are, who you represent, and where you are going in life, you let the world know when you step out the front door looking good from head to toe. You should want people to say, "I don't know who she is, but she is somebody."
We ended the class with every girl giving me an Affirmation saying who they are. I did my affirmation this week and it encouraged me to hold my head up high and keep moving forward. I know what it did for me and I wanted it to do the same for the girls. You should have seen the girls stand up with confidence speaking greatness.

It encouraged me and I encourage everyone to have a Self Affirmation.

I will share with you a little bit of my affirmation:

  • I am Blessed!!
  • I am a Child of the King!!
  • I am highly favored!!
  • I am M.A.D.E.~Making A Difference Everywhere I go every single day of my life!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment