Monday, January 19, 2009

You will never know whose life you will touch!

Today we had in-house training and had an awesome Art Director, Dana. Dana was going over techniques and product knowledge. She then got to telling us stories and one story in particular touched me and I wanted to share it with you.

"One day a lady came into Supercuts in North Carolina at 6:00 pm and within minutes went into the restroom. Minutes and even an hour went by and the lady was still in the restroom. The store manager told Dana to check on the lady. The lady finally came out 5 minutes before closing (7:55pm). Stephanie decided to cut the lady's hair. The lady was overweight and could not fit in the chair. Dana had to bring two seats together to accommodate the client. Afterwards, Dana started her consultation and asked, "What will we be doing today." The lady responded, "Look at me, what can you really do for me?" Dana then went on to compliment the lady on her beautiful features. Dana cut the lady's hair and then they said good night.

The next day, the same lady came into the salon to speak with Dana's manager. After a period of time, the lady left. The manager asked for Dana to come into the office. Within minutes, the manager told Dana that the lady came in with the intentions to commit suicide and wanted to look beautiful when she was found. She was embarrassed by the way she looked and stayed in the restroom. Dana made her feel so good about herself that she decided to wake up the next morning to tell Dana's manager.

Always have a positive attitude. You will never know how you can impact someone.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent piece. I always write on my checks, "God is Love". I never thought about it, until one day, I wrote out the check, and the lady I handed it to, read it. She looked at me and she said you never know who you touch with just a few words.

    That is true! Always have a good word to say!

    revival

    ReplyDelete